Friday, June 19, 2009

Colorado Comes to Charleston!

After almost 9 long years, the Consbruck Clan returned to Charleston for a visit. It was wonderful to see them again. Two years ago, we had made a trip to Colorado, where they met Emily and we met Kristina, but now everyone could meet Daniel. We had an exciting adventure on our first day together. While Dave payed golf (or tried between storms) and Greg was at work, all the girls and Daniel went to lunch and to the mall, where Emily mustered up her courage and pierced her ears. This was her second attempt, and she managed to get both done, with me on one side and Patti on the other. Kailee, Kristina and Sarah cheered her on. She was a trooper, and wants everyone to know she didn't even cry.
On Friday, we all met downtown for a little exploration of the College of Charleston. I, of course, am encouraging Kailee to attend in just two short years. We walked around campus and went to see the new arena. Dave took Kristina, Sarah and Emily down to the court, as Patti and I watched in fear as they hung on the rim of one of the nets that had been lowered and ran around the court. Thankfully, no one threw us out!

Our next stop was meeting Greg for lunch at the barbeque place that is two guy's names . . . one of which I believe is Nick. I can never remember the names. So while we were eating, who pops in, but Daniel Murphy (who will be attending CofC in the Fall)! I was thrilled, as I needed his picture with my Daniel for the Book of Daniels. Where is the picture, you ask? I do not know. I do not know what happened. My camera must not have taken it. How sad. We'll have to get another one soon!
After lunch and some transportation juggles, Kristina came to our house to play with the girls while Patti & Dave visited with some other friends. They had a grand time playing outside with chalk and the Foamer in the driveway until the mosquitos descended.
Throughout the visit, Kristina loved Daniel. The little guy is used to a lot of attention from little girls, so this was not unusual for him. She kept telling me she was going to sneak in and take him in the middle of the night. She had quite a plan, so each morning I checked to make sure he was still in his crib!
Once Patti and Dave returned, Sarah and Patti spend some quality Godmother time together putting a puzzle together. On Saturday, we met up with them at their old neighbor's house where the three little girls swam their hearts out. It was a great visit, and I was sad to see them go.

No comments: