Monday, December 12, 2011

Ricky Myers Day of Service- October 1, 2011

Sarah and I braved the chilly winds and planted what seemed like a gazillion trees with the St. Pius Youth Group.  It reminded me of a chilly day I spent in Hampton Park down by The Citadel in the early 90s with my service fraternity at CofC.  For years, every time I would drive by (usually during out trip to the Citadel's Candlelight Christmas Concert), I would look for the trees I helped plant.  I wanted Sarah to have that same sort of memory.

Mr. Mark and his tiny backpack!

Our first tree is planted.  The trees are on a golf course, so I was convinced I would be hit by a golf ball.  Thankfully, I was not.

Tree number two is much taller than the first one!

Sarah is just the right height for tree number three!

Tree number four is just by the road.

No comments: